Renew or become a member
Join more than 1,000 households that show they really care about building communities and greening them through membership to TheDCH.
100% of your membership is tax deductible, and supports four vital program focuses: Urban Agriculture, Public Landscapes, Urban Forestry, and Education. These programs help people who lack access to fresh produce grow their own, plant trees and public landscapes that beautify as they improve air and water quality, empower underserved populations with green skills, stimulate our senses, and enrich our culture.
Auto Renewal Program
Your membership does a lot. Now, let TheDCH make it easy for you to sustain your support through the NEW Auto Renewal Program. TheDCH has partnered with Network for Good to effectively manage automatic renewals. Once you sign up with a credit card or Pay Pal, you will receive a courtesy email two weeks before your annual renewal date to remind you that your account will be charged. You can manage your membership level and personal information on Network for Good’s secure website, and it’s easy to opt out with one click any time.
When you choose Auto Renewal, you are choosing to live out your green values, because it’s paperless. And, because it reduces TheDCH's postage and administrative time, more of your donation dollars go directly to TheDCH greening programs that you value!
The biggest benefit of membership is the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping improve the environment and build communities by greening them. All levels of membership also include these benefits:
- A premier plant selected by TheDCH experts distributed at the Member’s Meeting each fall
- Discounts to 40 + restaurants, local nurseries, garden stores, professional services, green living, & more (download the brochure at thedch.org)
- Discounts to TheDCH events & programs
- Admission discounts to 300 public gardens nationwide through the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Gardens Program. Visit the AHS website for a searchable map and printable list.
Find the membership level that's right for you, and sign up on TheDCH’s secure Network for Good page.
- Young Friend / $40 (up to age 40, basic benefits)
- Senior / $40 (age 65+, basic benefits)
- Individual / $45 (Basic benefits)
- Family / $50 (Basic benefits for a household)
- Contributing / $75 (Basic benefits, plus a lecture & 3 aluminum plant tags)
- Sustaining / $125 (Basic benefits, plus a lecture & 5 aluminum plant tags)
- Associate / $250 (Basic benefits, plus a lecture, 7 aluminum plant tags, & 2 tour tickets)
- Patron / $500 (Basic benefits, plus lecture, 5 brass plant tags, & 2 tour tickets)
- Directors Arbor / $1,000 (Basic member benefits, plus a lecture, 10 brass plant tags, 2 tour tickets, & an exclusive Executive Director’s event)
- Garden Clubs & Non-Profits / $85 (Basic benefits, plus a one day meeting at TheDCH)
- Small Business / $125 (Basic benefits, plus a lecture & complimentary memberships for 3 individuals)
- Large Business / $250 (Basic benefits, plus a lecture & complimentary memberships for 5 individuals)
I’m calling to tell you that yesterday at the Arbor Day festivities over at the Brown-Burton-Winchester Park on the East Side with your protégé Nick, was one of the best days...►
— Mary Ellen Martin-Marvel
Calendar of Events